Following jd's example….
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Traveled to Germany.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn't make any resolutions for 2008, and I don't plan on making any for 2009. It's just easier that way – everything is thus a surprise, either way.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.
5. What countries did you visit? Germany, UAE.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More time with the boy, and money.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? september 22 to october 7th. two weeks with the boy. first time we'd met in the flesh.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being published. Making it to Germany on my own.
9. What was your biggest failure? not so much a failure, as a burn-out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes – had the flu when i got home from Germany.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Ticket and a Nikon D300.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Can't really say anyone specific or anything specific.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Suicide bombers.
14. Where did most of your money go? Ticket, visa, Nikon D300.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to Germany! Meeting the Boy!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "Fell on bad Days" – Rubyhorse
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, mostly.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner, 10kgs.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer monetarily, but richer in terms of love and health and life.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent more time with the boy. Ridden more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressed myself out. Standing in the rain at shows.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Quietly, house sitting. With Brutus and Zara.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes.
22. What was your favorite TV program? I have a few! Navy NCIS, Generation Kill, Life, Army Wives.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.
24. What was the best book you read? This year? umm… "Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq" and "Small Wars Permitting"
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? There were a few, thanks to the boy. The Fray, Lifehouse, Chevelle, The Killers… LOTS of others… A Fine Frenzy! definitely them…
26. What did you want and get? I wanted to meet the boy, in person. Finally got to do that in September/October.
27. What did you want and not get? Wanted to win the lotto.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I watch mostly DVD. Favourites include Transformers! The Bourne movies, Die Hard 4.0, Walk The Line, Little Miss Sunshine… many more
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was in Germany with the boy – I chilled in the hotel room, walked around the village taking photos, and waited for the boy to get "home". I was 33.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being able to stay longer in Germany. Winning the lotto.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Same as before – but being much thinner, i could wear whatever i wanted.
32. What kept you sane? The boy. My horses and animals. Music.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fancy? Er. Christian Bale (Batman…) and an older Daniel Radcliffe.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The US presidential election and the new GI Bill and the ongoing war.
35. Who did you miss? Alchemy. Lost friends. Lost family.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Shaun and Jared, without a doubt.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. If you are open to things, people see that and respond so much more to you.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "I'm finding my way back to sanity, again. Though I don't really know what i'm gonna do when I get there…"
Oh, and if you've read this far…
…Your turn! Consider yourself tagged!
Read and post comments | Send to a friend